Monday, December 24, 2007

Thoughts on Discipline

Thanks Amy for the tag. Well, although I love all of the posts I have read so far on the subject, I guess I can't steal ideas.
My number one thought on discipline is learn to appologize! This comes into play quite often in my life. We have a tendency to be a live by the seat of your pants family and so when it comes to discipline I often find myself letting things go until I loose my patience. This then turns into loud noises coming from my mouth and some slamming of things. I am sorry. This is something my kids hear a lot. I am hoping that I am teaching them the art of forgivness. i guess that is something right?
Secondly, remember that they are people too. They have feelings and thoughts on the way things should go in their lives. Let them feel free to have those! I think families who discipline harshly and constantly take all of the control away from the kids. They need to fell that they have some influence in the way their life is going.
I am blessed to have two pretty great kids who seem to know the boundaries even if I don't remember setting them. Maybe my husband was busy doing this when I wasn't looking?


Miche does not spare the rod.
Jo-N wants to be her children's best friend.Tot's Mom spares the rod and believes in patience.Huckdoll spares the rod and believes there are more effective yet gentle ways to discipline than spanking.Kelly at Ordinary Art has a three-step approach that does not always work but leaves tiny tushes mark free.OhMommy has spanked and never will again.Amy spanks when necessary.The Sports Mama found it depended on the individual child and the situation.Karen thinks that each situation needs dealt with differently.Maria sets high expectations and likes "the talk".
AmyC uses choices and a sense of humor. Stephanie apologises alot and thinks kids are people too.

1 comment:

Amy said...

thanks for joining in!