Thursday, January 10, 2008

7 Random Things About Me

Well, my friend Amy tagged me to talk about me. I guess she knows how much I enjoy that. So here goes.

1. First and most importantly, I think ice cream should be its own food group. If anything ever happened to my husband he knows that I would be hunting down Ben or Jerry, whichever. My faves are Pistachio Pistachio, KaramelSutra, and Chunky Monkey.

2. Though I love the beach and live on and island, I am a snow girl. I didn't realize how much I loved it until we moved from our hometown in Louisiana to Illinois where it actually snows. (I am really missing that this winter.) My favorite picks of where I would like to live one day would be Alaska, Montana, or Italy. Ok, so Italy not so much for the snow, but it's just a fantasy of mine.

3. I dream of owning my own theater one day. For those of you who know it, the Lincoln Theater in Belleville is just exactly right. I like almost all movies ever made. My fave is Gone With the Wind. That ties into me being a history buff too.

4. In honor of the book by Mitch Albom, One More Day, if I could have one more day with anyone it would be my Mamaw. I would just sit and visit with her. She was so kind and funny and loving. When I was with her I felt like the most important person in the world. She appreciated the small things in life which is something I wish I could have inherited.

5. I love a good road trip. Reading maps, eating junk in the car, playing name that song and singer with my hubby, stopping at unexpected places. I just love it.

6. Three things I fear the most are failure, rejection, and decorating. I am serious. I can't decorate to save my skin. Wish I felt more confident in this.

7. Prompted by my last comment, fear of failure. Here goes, I have trouble starting and finishing things for fear that they won't be good enough. I avoid things like projects that I would love to tackle or like getting started on this blog, or getting back into my scrap booking. I have no idea where this comes from. I am actually a pretty smart person who is good at many things. This is just one of my issues. I would love to get over this because I feel that it makes me look lazy or that I drag my feet. Most of all, lately this has made me feel like I have a lack of passion for anything. I am so scared to fail that I just don't, no matter how much I want to or feel passionate about it. My new and latest therapy is to say "so what?" So what if it isn't perfect? I will just keep saying that until I actually believe it.

Well, I wasn't intending to, but this blogging makes you feel safe to spill your guts. Cathartic? Yes!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love you and miss you!! I'm sorry I'm not there to take over so you'll start stuff...LOL

Amy said...

hey you...tagged again and you got a little award too go have a lookie!