Thursday, January 10, 2008

Has it really been a week? Man they fly by. My daughter is in gymnastics, cheer leading and taiko drumming (it's a pacific islander thing). My son is a karate and xbox fanatic. So, between all of this and the endless amount of homework I seem to lose track of time. I really do dream of doing projects that I want to do (not for school). I started setting up my scrappy room this week and can't wait until it is "perfect". lol You know that like everyone I will move things around everyday, but I am just ready to get started on the fun in there and for the work to be over. Hopefully this weekend.


Ok, for some Japan news. Tuesday was Mochi(mu-chi) day. For us Americans, that means rice candy. It is really gross. It is a tradition that on that day you make or buy these leaves with this goo inside of them and have them for dessert with green tea. Well, it is an experience. I have a good friend here that happens to be from Okinawa and we spent the day together. She took me shopping and to eat. We found a wonderful Italian place. It was just a thrill to have someone with me who spoke the language. I found some strawberries which I couldn't believe. They were beautiful and delicious. I went for it even though it was like Y498 for a tiny pack. I am going to soak up as much from her as possible. What a blessing. I know I need to take my camera on outings like this. What was I thinking?

Anyway, in keeping with the Amy thing. ( I do get most of my good ideas second hand.) Today I am grateful for:
1. Bedtime-not mine, but tucking in the kids. I love that both my 9 and 12 year old kids still love to be tucked in and play ear monster. We all have our little rituals that I know I will miss one day.
2. My family-Not the cliche'. Of course everyone knows that I love the husband and kids, but I mean my whole family. Aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws, the works. I have some of the best times with them. We vacation together, spend holidays together, shop, eat, hang out, and they seem to always be there when I need them.
3. Vonage phones, cable tv, and the internet to keep me in touch with the states. Miss you all!!
Good night.

1 comment:

Amy said...

the rice candy looks icky, but glad you've found a friend to help you get around!! Miss you and love you!